Friday, March 12, 2010

Grillo Family Adds Another!

That's my best friend (matron of honor in our wedding) and their new addition! Baby Scott was born today weighing in at 8 lbs, 14 oz. This day holds a special place in my heart because the last time Alison was on that hospital bed, I was there with her, holding her leg and nearly passing out as Alison was perfectly fine giving birth for the first time (no joke--the nurses had to give me juice because I was on my way towards unconsciousness). While she doesn't need me (she's clearly got a great husband that handles it all), I still cherish being there for her on that day when she gave birth to her now five-year-old, Gabrielle.
The last time we saw Alison & Nic was back in October when they came to visit in Germany! We went to Oktoberfest in Munich together and we still look back at the fun we had standing on tables singing random German songs very loud, drinking liters of beer and eating large pretzels and potatoes...
Alison was pregnant in this photo (drinking an alcohol-frei bier). Oh, and thanks to Nic for the photos I ripped off of his Picasa album and blog. Congrats friends! We miss you!

Now Alison, go get yourself a margarita! You deserve it! 
How I wish I was there to celebrate with you! See you in October!

3 comments:

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks Brandy, for taking care of Alison the first time around, and for being such a great friend! We wish you and Ray were here too! Looking forward to visiting you in Chicago soon!

Alison G. said... [Reply to comment]

Made me cry. Love and miss you!

Sarah Brown said... [Reply to comment]

That is so sweet!=) Thanks for stopping by today!