Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Happenings

I talked with my sister-in-law the other day and she requested videos. And videos she'll get! B also had his first babysitter this past weekend that was there when he awoke from his nap, fed him dinner, bathed him, and put him down for the night! Seven hours we were away from our little munchkin. The two days prior to our leaving him, he attended two fancy business dinners. This particular night was out on a dinner boat cruise off Navy Pier in Chicago and B just wasn't invited. And it wasn't optional for us not to attend. And honestly, we did have a great time. It helped that every single person I talked with asked about Benjamin and how I was doing leaving him for the first time. It did help pass the time... and before we knew it, we were back home peering into his crib with just the light from my iPhone illuminating his bedroom.

To say I lost sleep over leaving him is an understatement. I may or may not have typed up sub plans and reduced the margins to .4 inch so I wouldn't seem like a crazy mother with multiple pages of notes. As a teacher, I was totally the one to type up 4-page detailed notes for all my subs. As a mother, I'm clearly no different. And perhaps being a baby loss mother makes it all that much harder. When everyone I talked with told me things like we all survived, and eventually you'll have to leave him anyway, I obviously felt a bit one-sided in my arguments, so therefore I just didn't speak about it. Losing Andrew just plain changed everything.

This is the photo my friend sent me of B looking at her like, You are soooo not my mama. 
I received a few text messages throughout the night, but mostly good. The main text was telling me he seemed hungry and wondered if he should be fed early. Translation: he is inconsolable and crying. When all else fails, feed the kid. And feed she did. The tank ate... get this... a whole banana, a packet of HappyBaby Organic pears and 1/3 cup oatmeal. Seriously. The tank. But not a drop of breastmilk. Why? Because the kid refuses any bottle or sippy cup. So two cups of hard earned pumped milk went down the drain yesterday. Sacrifice.

Now for the videos. For my sister-in-law... and anyone else.

This was just yesterday. Eating spaghetti with chunky tomatoes and onions (that's right grandparents!).
This was today. B is getting better and better about sitting up. We think he'll be a pro by the end of the month. That toy has a story... I'll explain that in about a week.
This was back in August, but I appreciate how B just manhandles his jumperoo toys like it's no big thing. Easy button.
Today as well. I had just fed him lunch and he was hanging in the highchair being adorable.

I would be remiss not to honor those who lost their lives on September 11, 2001 in this post... 11 years to the day of the horror that rocked our Nation. To those families 11 years apart from their loved ones, I honor you too. Because losing someone you love and living on might be just as courageous as losing one's own life. Peace to all.

3 comments:

Tiffany said... [Reply to comment]

lol, those were some amazing videos. he is seriously so adorable. love the one of him eating spaghetti.

Lj82 said... [Reply to comment]

HE IS TOOO CUTE!!!!

I love the spaghetti one, and the highchair being adorable. ha. I also can not believe he is sitting. Grace is like, bent forward "sitting". ha. :)

Caroline said... [Reply to comment]

what a cutie! thanks for sharing