Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Baby Update: Week 26 and 99 days to go!

This past weekend, my parents came to visit and it was so nice. We had a wonderful time sharing Chicago, our home, and lots of food experiences with them. While they were here, my mom brought along some things for Baby W that she made and purchased. This is one spoiled child. :)

I guess this is a pseudo-reveal of Baby W's room as of now. Though he doesn't have sheets for the mattress just yet, he does have a new crib quilt and bumper made by my very talented mom! Hanging on the left is a hand-me-down from Ray's aunt Ceil. She bought this for her daughter, Helena, who is now too old to have displaying in her room. It comes from Africa and it's hand stitched and absolutely gorgeous! The frame above Baby W's bed is from Michael's and it currently just has a placeholder of letters and fancy paper hanging inside. We plan to do something like this ourselves spelling out his name once we've purchased a nicer camera. Until then, it's a space saver.
Here's a closeup of the bumper. We'll probably change this and turn it the other way around because the other side is a really soft fabric. The monkey is one of many stuffed animals that our little one now owns. He owns stuffed animals that are larger than he is!

Here's a closeup of some more detail on the bumpers. The ribbon ties it onto the crib rails and there is even a detail on the top with a gold trim! They're so much nicer than anything you can buy at stores.
Here are just some of the items that baby A now owns from my parents (his grandparents in California). My mom made the blanket, baby wrap, hat, and booties!
 These are some of the store-bought items for our little guy from my parents... he's going to be one well-dressed munchkin!

Comparison shots: Month 1, Month 2, Month 3, Month 4, Month 5, Month 5.5, Month 6...and here's Month 6.5!


Now here's the update of what's been happening in Baby W's growth and development:

How far along?: 26w0d
How big is Baby?: In the eggplant range for the next few weeks. He is 13-14 inches in length and about 2 pounds.
Maternity clothes?: Yes, same answer as I usually post. I am still able to wear some non-maternity shirts, but I am mostly in all maternity because of comfort. As I sit here, I am wearing a t-shirt and some sweat pants-- neither of which are maternity but have the wonderful stretch factor. :)
Sleep?: Yes, and quite well still. The most difficult part is getting out of bed when I need to visit the restroom.
Best moment of the week?: The best moment this week was spending time with my family (while Baby W showed off his kickboxing skills and they were able to feel)!
Movements?: Yes, he's getting stronger by the day.
Food cravings?: No, but I sure did enjoy that nectarine I just ate!
Aversions?: None
What I miss?: Hmm... today I'm pretty thankful. I don't really miss much knowing that we're so excited to welcome our little boy into the world. Ask me tomorrow. ;)
What I'm looking forward to?: The weekend again? We had such a nice, long weekend and it's over!
Anything else?: Baby W is able to open his eyes again now that his eyes have developed almost completely. He also has a 70% chance of survival if born this week (given advanced medicine and technology). We're content with him to keep cooking, though. :)

This week in history: Wildfires in the US, evacuations of the Southeast have ended, and we are seeing our very first red and yellow fall leaves on our front maple tree! Oh, and weather has been amazing this past week.
What's going on this week (with us)?: We have enjoyed a wonderful weekend-- I'll show pictures in another post-- and spent time with friends last night. We were able to share all kinds of wonderful things with my parents this weekend and it was really great seeing them. 




4 comments:

Solange, Nik, Caitlin and Oliver said... [Reply to comment]

OMG I love the monkeys!!! It's great that his room is coming together :) Only a couple more months to go! Your mom is super crafty! I still love the sweet blanket she made for Caity :)

Krista and David Hart said... [Reply to comment]

I love it Brandy! I know exactly what you mean about the difficulty in getting out of bed at night to go to the restroom...for some reason this has gotten much more difficult over the past few weeks... that and tying my shoes!

Love, Krista

AlliFerg said... [Reply to comment]

if you make a table runner ... can you please, please use amy butler fabric? http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/mainmenu.php she is "modern midwest" ... which is what you are, so it'd be very fitting. i am trying to find a way to use her fabric!

d.a.r. said... [Reply to comment]

I'm just not sure which is more adorable: you or that precious baby bedding!!!