Friday, May 27, 2011

Friday Randoms

Quite the mixture for the ol' blog today. My husband will be happy I'm not posting something depressing today.

I've been cleaning like a mad woman since we're finally (okay about 98%) finished with our family room. There's something about home renovation that causes you to track millions of white, dusty footprints all-over-the-house-on-all-the-wood-floors! I have mopped at least 5 times. I'm so over it.

The walls were an absolute nightmare. It would've been another month if we decided to do more wall touch-ups, but we threw in the towel. That's a HUGE deal for the Wilsons. We're both manic perfectionists that don't like to complete a job unless it's going to be perfect. However, we also realize that they are just walls. And now they're painted and have some imperfections. Life is still going to carry on.

Photos to come. I'd like all the furniture back in and everything hung which is likely going to be finished completely this weekend.

On to more exciting things. We live across the street from a middle school and since we're creeping up on the end of the school year, the marching band has decided to, well, march up and down our block playing their loud instruments. I can't say I'm that keen on marching bands or loud instruments being paraded down my block every single day. But at the same time, I don't really care either. At least they're blaring their horns at a decent hour. Here are my creeper photos:

 We live on the corner. Today, however, they took the other route along the front of our house.

I saw a headline today that said, "Why Minivans Will Never Go Out of Style" and laughed. Not trying to trash your ride choice (okay, maybe I am), but they have never been in style and I will never own one. I know they're easier. I know you think I'm just saying that since I don't have any living children right now Mr.don'tshakeyourheadatthecomputerscreenbecauseI'mrightandyou'renot. Not sexy. Station wagon, sure. SUV, maybe. But minivan, I think not. Though this video may have sold me:


I still very much am in love with this and use it often. 

 Don't judge me for my current record of 6 days without washing my hair. At least I don't leave it for 6 days and still look like a grease monkey.My husband is one. lucky. man.

Found this gem as I was cleaning out my car today. 

I was pregnant in this photo... maybe 10 weeks? Our church asked for some models for a series called Designer Freedom last spring--you know, back when I was happy. I was sporting some really cute maternity jeans from my bff in Cali since wearing regular jeans during any week in pregnancy is far overrated. Bella band is nonsense. Alison has way better taste in clothes than me, though I did purchase those cute Target sandals all by my lonesome. They have them again this year but they are super cheap looking. These at least have some class. Not sure the brand but there's a small owl on them where the brand is normally printed at the heel.

And there you have it, friends. Friday randoms.

p.s. T-5 days until I will eat this since it's already in my freezer waiting!

7 comments:

Keleen said... [Reply to comment]

Oh my...how much do I love that you posted the swagger wagon video!!! It's a fan favorite in my house. Brian has this crazy dream that someday I will own/drive a van...why I don't know...he thinks they are practical...I say let him drive it! After this video I did tell him that if and only IF we ever have twins then maybe I would consider it lol

Kelly said... [Reply to comment]

I also said I would never have a van. I'm pissed I got one, but fell into the, it's easier thinking. Adam passed away a month after we got it, and well, now, it's totally useless for one (alive) kid. I hate that damn van.

I love all your randoms. :)

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

I despise mini vans too. Hence, our suburban.

AlliFerg said... [Reply to comment]

I think you should go to the Memorial Day parade and see what those Jr. High band nerds have been practicing for! They show up to that parade with bells on. And I mean that literally.

Actually, skip it. But I think it's pretty much the best part of my week that you took photos of them. I'm just imagining this happening and laughing ...

Caroline said... [Reply to comment]

oh great. now I'll be on the hunt for those damn ice cream bars. Thanks. As if my thighs needed it. Looks like they'll just have to take one for the team.

Melissa @ A Dozen Years Later said... [Reply to comment]

The Magnum bars are amazing :)

Brooke said... [Reply to comment]

No one will notice the flaws in the walls and life will go on. It's nice that we now have that perspective, although it came at far too high a price. I want to see some family room pics!