So what's a girl to do, huh?
I mentioned having acupuncture done and I've been going the past 3 weeks now. I like it. I don't love it, but I obviously like it enough to fork out the $20 each time and go 4 times.
Here's what I like:
- It's relaxing. I sit on a heated massage table or in a nice La-Z-Boy recliner for about 30 minutes with nothing else going on around me.
- They play nice, relaxing music that also gives me the sensation of wanting to urinate sometimes. When has water dripping ever been relaxing?
- I might be a masochist. I actually quite like the needles being pierced into my skin.
- I fall asleep-- the true test of relaxation.
- It's fairly cheap.
- I'm not convinced it's not a load of BS. Does it really work, or is it just a mind game?
- It costs $20 each time. I know. It's not a lot of money. But it's $20 and I'm cheap.
- I have to drive there and drive back home. Sounds stupid, but driving in traffic and being stopped at traffic lights with people cutting you off (read: Chicagoland drivers are terrible) does not relax me. As soon as I leave, I automatically tense up behind the wheel. That, and since I'm obviously good at being a statistic of bad, rare news, I also fear getting into car accidents.
- I hate it and never come back.
- My "issues" are resolved and I don't come back-- at least not until the symptoms return.
- I continue coming back but less regularly, like 2x/monthly.
Here are some fancy photos I took before I started relaxing, but post needle injection: