Thursday, July 1, 2010

Baby Update: Week 16

For some reason I feel like week 16 is a monumental moment or something. There's no reason for feeling that way... but anyway...

Here's the update on the week with Baby W...

How far along?: 16w2d (though everyone has their own opinion about timing!)
How big is Baby?: My favorite interpretation was from a website that said Baby W is now the size of a small rodent. Love the correlation. Haha. In fruits, Baby W is the size of an avocado-- about 4.5 inches long.
Maternity clothes?: Some wonderful new friends sent me home with a box (and have more to share) of maternity clothes. I did, however, purchase a pair of maternity pants online and got them in the mail on Tuesday. They're wonderful. I don't really need them yet, but since they feel like I'm not even wearing jeans, I'm all over them! As far as shirts are concerned, I'm showing through them a bit.
Sleep?: Going well. The biggest concern is sleeping on my left side because of my surgery. If I roll on my left, the ointment gets on my pillow. I've always been a side sleeper, but lately I've been more interested in my back, strangely. My doctor even told me that at this point, I'm still small enough to sleep on my belly... though that sounds rather uncomfortable.
Best moment of the week?: Hearing the heartbeat again. This time, 156.
Movements?: Not yet... though all the websites say that movements start between weeks 16-22!
Food cravings?: Not really
Aversions?: Not really
What I miss?: Working... though that's not really related to pregnancy
What I'm looking forward to?: Going to California this weekend to see family, friends, and our friend Jen get married! As for Baby W, we are excited for our next ultrasound on July 26!
Anything else?: Baby W has eyelashes, eyebrows, and taste buds forming. Baby can hear sounds and hold its head erect and the fingernails are fully grown. The legs are now longer than the arms.
This week in history: Larry King says he is stepping down from his show on CNN, Oil cleanup continues in the Gulf after the BP spill.

What's going on this week (with us)?: We're getting excited to board a plane for California tomorrow. Life has been pretty quiet at our house this week otherwise. Ribfest is going on in Naperville starting today, but we're going to wait until next year for all the action since we're leaving really early tomorrow morning.

At 16 weeks

0 comments: