Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Baby Update: Week 18

Yesterday we hit the 18-week mark in the pregnancy. While most strangers (at least men) haven't a clue still, it's clear that I am showing more and more as the weeks progress. The next photo will be posted at our 20 week mark (just after we find out the gender... eeek!).


How far along?: 18w1d
How big is Baby?: I read this morning that Baby W is about 5 1/2 inches long and around the size of a large bell pepper. I also read that baby is as long as a sweet potato.
Maternity clothes?: Yes. I can squeeze in to those pre-pregnancy clothes (most of them), but why? Actually, though, tonight I am wearing all pre-preg clothes that fit perfectly fine for a Yelp event we're going to at Meson Sabika (this awesome Spanish tapas restaurant we first visited with our friend Derrick & Liz).
Sleep?: It's been quite fine the past few days... but last weekend was brutal.
Best moment of the week?: Having a nice dinner at a new Indian restaurant with Ray. xo
Movements?: No. I thought I felt something last week... but this week, nothing. According to all those baby websites, I should be feeling something soon because the baby is moving all about and starting to "fill in" the space. Eek. That just means the belly is going to enlarge.
Food cravings?: No. How about everything in the fridge?
Aversions?: None
What I miss?: Weather between 65-75 degrees. Haha.
What I'm looking forward to?: The crib arriving!
Anything else?: Baby is yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking, swallowing (its own pee... yuck). I guess we all did at some point, right?
This week in history: Steinbrenner (NY Yankees) passed away, oil is still leaking in the Gulf, Haiti is still in need of help 6 months later.

What's going on this week (with us)?: My family was up in NorCal yesterday and Monday for my grandpa's viewing and burial. I wasn't there with them, but was thinking of them often. We had fun bowling with our small group and extended 20's/30's group from Trinity on Monday and have been trying to be more active. I'm still jogging a few miles at a time (though that's pretty standard for me pre-pregnancy, too) but I can feel a difference in my knees and hips. I may have to stop eventually, but until that time, I'm trying to keep it up. Friday night was the usual sports lineup-- Ray played Ultimate Frisbee with friends and I went for a jog before meeting them at the park. We managed to get about 20 mosquito bites collectively and then headed to dinner at a Mexican restaurant in Lisle. Saturday was a lot of fun-- we went to Ikea for a walk around to check out baby nursery accessories/furniture options and bought a couple things (that moose rack and the shelve unit-- see below). We had a nice dinner on Saturday night at a new-to-us restaurant, Shikara. On Sunday, we went for a long walk around our neighborhood (about 2.5 hours!) and went over to our friends Alli & Tommy's house for a little poolside BBQ to celebrate Tommy's birthday and new job. Our friends Derrick and Liz were also there along with some new people we hadn't met before.

Here's a gift for Baby W from Aunt Samantha!

While it's empty and the walls behind it are not yet painted, the bookcase/storage unit is complete!
I scored this rocking chair for $20 on Craigslist!!! What a deal and it's in such great condition (aside from my terrible photo).
We're hoping to have the crib and dresser by this weekend... though that's a big wish. I am assuming we'll receive the crib in about a week and purchase the dresser after that (we're contemplating a smaller dresser because of the size of the space. More to come on that later).


1 comments:

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) said... [Reply to comment]

Cute chair!!! Feeling the baby is so cool, I hope it happens soon for you. My boys are so strong it keeps me up at night now!

I agree about the weather too, it's been too hot in Chi, I am ready for Fall!!