|Benjamin was up at 6:30 along with boys and girls everywhere! Except, he didn't care much for presents.|
We thought we'd have at least another year to sleep in on 12/25, but such was not our luck.
Dad was preparing B's first Lego Duplo set by spelling out his name in blocks: B-E-N-J-A-M-I-N
Andrew's stocking is in the background. I love having it there.
A rocking moose bought nearly 12 months ago in anticipation of a little boy we really hoped would be coming home with us. We feel so lucky.
|A little Skype action with family.|
Andrew love. Candles lit from remembrance service we attended Saturday for Andrew and other loved ones missing all around the world.
|Cooking: Homemade tamales for the first time. Cheese, grilled onion, green chili, chicken (1/2). Should've added some oil, but otherwise delicious.|
|Finished product. |
Margaritas are green and therefore festive, right?
Yes, that is more cabbage. This time, dressing is: 1 part oil, 3 parts lemon juice, salt, pepper-- marinade.
Also, a recent creation using my Blendtec blender: green poblano rice. Can use any food processor, though.
A homemade Christmas feast. Benjamin ate pea soup. Green peas = also festive.
- Received some wonderful news this morning that another loss family welcomed a new baby into the world on Christmas day. Been on pins and needles for them for months now. Congrats, M.
- I love that it's halfway to the weekend, which means Ray will be home with us for more days soon.
- We seriously contemplated taking down Christmas last night. Still not terribly comfortable with all this.
- Is it sad I'm already itching for spring?
- I Amazon ordered B a JJ Cole BundleMe bunting bag for his stroller so on those more bearable days (not today), we can go out for some walks. I never did use the carseat BundleMe because I was too afraid it was unsafe.
- Pea soup in the crock pot right now. B loves it so much that I have been meaning to freeze a bunch of it to have on hand for a quick meal.
- All those collages I've been using? Caroline got me hooked on PicMonkey. I don't have to edit photos anymore! Just stick them in collages and... done! Much smaller file sizes.
- I have a present ready for our UPS guy and can't wait for him to deliver my Amazon order so I can give it to him. He visits our house way more than I'm willing to admit, always asks about Benjamin, and hauls all of our large/heavy packages into our foyer for me.
- I don't even know who our postal carrier is. They change like the wind around here.
- Already birthday planning for February! Just the thought that I have a child that was conceived, born, is growing, is learning... and will be turning a whole year makes me want to cry. For so long, this was all I dreamed. No other gift would do.
Hoping you all had celebratory moments during the holiday season.