Friday, January 10, 2014

The Saga Continues...

I was almost admitted tonight. My OB and the fab MFM were chatting FOUR times on the phone about me during my NST visit.

My appt. was at 2:30 and I just got home at 5:20 (but am just publishing this now because I have a demanding toddler whom I'm so freaking thankful for). I saw both the OB and drove to the hospital (next door), valeted my car and saw the MFM. I had three ultrasounds. Not exactly a simple NST.

First, there is some good news. Let's start with: SHE IS ALIVE. Also, my bile acid levels have lowered considerably (but are still considered high) to 55. From 132 to 55? I think the drug and my diet are both magic. I shall continue all of those until delivery. My liver panel was elevated but not with alarming numbers. My bilirubin came back in the red, but also mild.

Now here's the play-by-play:

On the way to the OB, she was moving decent. I was happy, but knew once they hooked up that stupid machine, it would lull her to sleep. And it did. She seriously moved like once in 30 minutes. I had juice and a lollipop and hoped that would make things happen. She ended up having 3-4 great accelerations in 10 minutes following. Not the best, but she's never been the best.

My OB did the Strep B and told me she wants me admitted Monday night and to deliver me Tuesday now at exactly 36w. Then she checked me to see if I was dilated and could not feel the baby at all. Her positioning was odd and she told me to get dressed and meet her in for an ultrasound.

Ultrasound time (#1) and she is still head-down, but not engaged. Fluid looked great and she was concerned about the cord blood flow because of how she was positioned in relation to the cord. Said she wanted to have the MFM ultrasound me and told me to sit tight.

Various calls with the MFM later (to which I heard much of these conversations) and my amazing OB told me that the MFM told her to just find a reason to admit me tonight and deliver because we just seem to be hitting so many issues. But, they couldn't find a clear reason unless there is a cord issue. Fluid is good, she is reactive, my numbers dropped considerably... so it's not good enough reason to induce earlier than 36w.

Before I left for the MFM, my phone kept updating me with scheduled appointments to Labor & Delivery for NSTs. I will be having an NST tomorrow (Saturday) at noon and Sunday at noon. On Monday night, I will be admitted at 6 p.m. to get some rest before my Tuesday induction. I was grateful to hear all of this, but a little nervous about not being admitted for round-the-clock monitoring until she is born. However, with the news that the numbers have improved, I was thankful for at least that.

I headed over to the MFM at this point and had an ultrasound with the technician and then another one when the MFM came in. She showed me cord blood flow and positioning of the cord no where near her head or neck-- near the placenta actually. Yes, there was a lot there, but the blood flow was good.

I'll be monitored every 24-30 hours until she is safely delivered. However she comes, let's just hope she's alive. Like so many of you wise and wonderful people have said, NICU is just a stepping stone. We'll get through this.

While I slept maybe 3 hours last night and will likely not sleep until Monday night when I'm admitted, I'm feeling more confident about the frequent monitoring. Of course I'll be doing kick counts in between these L&D visits, but at least we had some good news.


Brooke said... [Reply to comment]

Oh my gosh. Holding my breath right along with you. Let's get through this weekend already.

Melissa said... [Reply to comment]

I am wishing this weekend away with you. I am so glad they are being so responsive to the situation. One moment at a time.

LookItsJessica said... [Reply to comment]

I think the plan is a good one! So happy for monitoring everyday until delivery.

Jessica said... [Reply to comment]

Sending you so much love this weekend! I hope that the days fly peacefully by, getting you to Monday when you'll be admitted and then Tuesday when your sweet Claire will get here. So glad your drs are keeping a close eye on you both!

Mary said... [Reply to comment]

So happy to hear the news. Praying!

Veronica said... [Reply to comment]

Wow brandy. I've been checking on the hour today. So glad things are looking little better for keeping Claire safe inside. Envisioning Tuesday with Claire. Alive and well. Until then, sending peaceful vibes and lts of love

Molly said... [Reply to comment]

Glad things look better! Yay for Tuesday!

Caroline said... [Reply to comment]

I hope this is the quickest weekend ever.

So anxious and so hopeful for you. Goodness, I can't wait to see this sweet baby.

My New Normal said... [Reply to comment]

Here's hoping the weekend flies by and you will be holding your precious and ALIVE baby in your arms very soon.

Mihaela said... [Reply to comment]

Hope Tuesday is here in no time with good news!!

Sneaker Teacher said... [Reply to comment]

This all sounds so scary. I am wishing good thoughts for you and thinking of you often.

Maggie's Mom said... [Reply to comment]

Am praying for you and sweet Claire.

second floor dweller said... [Reply to comment]

Thinking of you this weekend.

Katie Truelove said... [Reply to comment]

Glad to hear this good news and continuing to pray<3

Kim Migdoll said... [Reply to comment]

Brandy, my thoughts and healing , positive wishes are with you. May this weekend fly by, in an uneventful fashion. I'm so glad to hear that your doctors are finally listening, as Mama knows best, and taking this very seriously. Well done for standing your ground, and listening to your body.

I am so looking forward to hearing that your sweet Claire has arrived safe and sound on Tuesday, and that you'll be able to bring your daughter home soon. I know that Andrew will be watching over his Mommy and his baby sister throughout the induction, labour and delivery, doing his angelic best to make sure that Claire is healthy and safe in your arms very soon.


WyoGirl said... [Reply to comment]

Thinking of and praying for you today. Looking forward to "meeting" Claire!

Nick & Jenny said... [Reply to comment]

Lots of prayers for you, and your family, during these days!! Sending a package this weekend :-)

RyAnne Carr said... [Reply to comment]

Praying for you and Claire today! Hoping you finally get some rest tonight once you are all hooked up to that beautiful sound of her heartbeat in the hospital!