In a nutshell, the last two weeks included the following:
- California grandparents arrived for a few days.
- New pumpkin patch exploring.
- Visited the beautiful Cantigny Park.
- Grandparents watched the kids so we could have a rare date night at our very favorite restaurant! Complete with cocktails! And no kids sitting on our laps!
- Benjamin attended preschool a few times.
- Claire had her first trip to the ER for a quick spike of 104.6 fever which yielded nothing... until a few days later when she developed the Roseola rash. She had a catheter and urine test and it was ruled viral and the rash confirmed it.
- Claire turned 9 months on that very same high fever day.
- She also sprouted her fourth tooth.
- I got one of the best massages of my life... Mother's Day gift finally used from my parents!
- We flew to Orlando (and stayed 5 days) with two pretty good flights (round trip).
- I was a sucker and paid $20 for a ridiculous inflatable alligator that was hardly used. #facepalm
- 3/4 of us had our first trip to Disney World.
- Benjamin was perfect and without a single tantrum during the entire 10 hours of Disney fun without a nap. That place is MAGIC!
- Benjamin's WORLD was made when he met Mickey Mouse and Buzz Lightyear (and Pooh & Tigger).
- I successfully failed at getting the kids to sleep through the night or nap in the hotel room that was too small for my liking but successfully managed two double stroller naps!
- We arrived home completely exhausted, with many loads of laundry and a couple cranky kids.
I'll post pictures and commentary from the Disney trip in another blog post, but until then...
Left photo taken October 12. Right photo taken 48 hours later at the ER during her temperature spike. Doesn't even look like the same girl!
Dinner date with my hunky husband, some alone time with my beautiful daughter & a FABULOUS massage (and for those who remember my phone debacle, my parents came to my rescue with a phone for my birthday! New cover in use!)
Donuts for breakfast and off to explore beautiful Cantigny Park!
We heart Cantigny.
Um, how cute are they? I seriously can't believe they are our kids.
Benjamin is fearless. I love it.
Pumpkin carving (Benjamin INSISTED he handle the knife for portions!).