Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Oktoberfest Dreamin'

Two years ago today and we were living the dream. Oktoberfest in Munich and drinking our weight in beer without a care in the world...



Prost!
Look at me! I have no idea what it means to hit rock bottom yet! Ah, the simple life.
Wanna make a baby next year? Sure! How perfect that will be!
Nice form.
Na na na na na.... na na na na na...
Smoke-filled room with Germans, beer, pretzels, and Lederhosen.
Beer garden, music, and dancing...
Attacking an innocent pretzel while Alison gracefully nibbles. I'm usually this modest and classy.
Weeeee! Beer!
Wo ist die Toilette? Zu viel Bier!
Potato dumpling in gravy, aka Kartoffelkloesse
 Rathaus - Munich

 Approaching Oktoberfest...
 Swings of death...
 Polizei
 Beer tent!
 Pretzels for sale.
 Paulaner Beer tent
 Happy, drunk folks
 Plenty of festive attire in this photo...
 Not my cup of tea!
 What's a beer tent without music?

We are thinking about going back next year maybe? Or 2013? I remember mentioning that we only planned to visit Oktoberfest once (as resident Germans laughed and scoffed at us...) but we sure miss it there and definitely miss the crazy shenanigans.

p.s. Thanks for the sweet and understanding comments on Friday's post. I've only had one freakout session since then. Oh the days are crawling. Hence the dreaming about a more innocent time in my life to maintain sanity on some level.


6 comments:

Lj82 said... [Reply to comment]

And this is proof we should be in-real-life bffs. Scott and I have done many-a-Oktoberfest in our relationship... however we did the Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest- the largest beer festival in North America and the second largest Oktoberfest in the world! Last year Scott went to the German one, needless to say, he loved it.

Ps. that giant pretzel looks delicious.

okay, okay one more ps. I kinda laughed at the, "wanna make a baby next year? Okay!". Bad, right? :)

Kelly said... [Reply to comment]

Love the looks of those giant beers and giant pretzels! :)

Tiffany said... [Reply to comment]

I could probably eat about a thousand of those pretzels...mmmmm... Isn't it funny how now when we look back at pictures from before the worst day of our lives, we see the day so differently now...

Brooke said... [Reply to comment]

That beer tent is awesome. And now I want a pretzel.

Sometimes I think if my life had been crappier before we lost Eliza, somehow the loss would be easier to manage. I think the same thing when I see you guys in these pictures living the dream... it's just so unfair.

Hope's Mama said... [Reply to comment]

Oh I can relate to this. We were at Oktoberfest in 2006, then two years later, I was a month out from losing Hope, wondering where on earth all the happy went. Some of your pics look just like mine. We hope to get back one day, too. Find some of the happy.
xo

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Wow. I was fat.