Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Grown-Up Tea Party

A few of my local friends just celebrated birthdays and it gave me the idea to throw a little girls get-together to celebrate. Nothing major, just a little tea party with friends to catch up and have a break from the kiddos. Very casual. The husband took the kiddo to the children's museum and we were in business.

I hosted, but one of my friends contributed many of her fancier pieces for the décor and display of food. While I have a lot of practical and modern kitchen touches, I don't have the tea party-esque type of crystal and fanciness. With some of my items and some of hers, I think it came together nicely.

Don't be fooled. All those leftover Danish cookies were in my belly within a week. Hello pregnancy weight gain.

Drinks: lemonade, French sparkling lemonade, tea from all over the world, k-cup coffee assortments, water with lemon and cucumber. Food: cream cheese/dill/cucumber & PBJ finger sandwiches & cookies: chocolate chip dunkers, Danish cookies, Pfeffernusse (TJ's has the best EVER), Candy Cane Jo-Jos

Some of the lovely tea party pieces and 7 of us 8 (me being photographer).
Really easy to put together and so nice to have time to relax and drink coffee with friends, add in some of that delicious Girl Scout cookie creamer & eat cookies until Claire gained a solid pound in one day. Oh, and me too.

4 comments:

Ben and Katie said... [Reply to comment]

That looks so amazing and lovely!
Wish I didn't live so far away...I'd let you use my one tea cup! :)

Natasha said... [Reply to comment]

Looks like a lovely tea party :)

Melissa said... [Reply to comment]

I love this!! Especially the Pfeffernusse! What a lovely idea and way to celebrate some girl time.

Caroline said... [Reply to comment]

You're adorable. Move closer please.