Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Baby Update: Week 23

We're getting there... and it's always enjoyable when your maternity clothes are starting to fit snugly! Ugh! But alas... at least the baby is getting all he needs (and probably a few more bowls of ice cream than he needs).

Here's the moose. This is one of those situations where our child will never appreciate the cuteness factor as much as we do. Sigh.

How far along?: 23w1d
How big is Baby?: Baby W is now about a foot long and weighing in at a pound!
Maternity clothes?: Yes-- and like I said before, some of them are tight. Boo!
Sleep?: Yes, and the leg cramps have subsided for the last 3 nights. Knock on wood.
Best moment of the week?: Watching my belly move from the outside! I see nothing obvious at this point, just movements and pushes. The most uncomfortable moment of the week came on Monday when Baby W decided to scrape something inside my belly. It felt as though he took a spoon and rubbed my organs. Ouch.
Movements?: A ton! He's been quite active the last couple of days. He was a mover this morning and my husband told him that he should be sleeping and not waking up so early-- and that when he is out of the womb, these rules apply. Haha.
Food cravings?: Like I said, how about everything?
Aversions?: Exercise? Haha. I did go for a 3 mile jog at 23 weeks, so I'm proud. Was it the slowest jog ever? Absolutely.
What I miss?: I miss all of my clothes. Being limited to 4 pairs of shorts, a few dresses, and a few pairs of pants is never fun.
What I'm looking forward to?: We're looking forward to our road trip this weekend to see family in Seven Springs, PA!
Anything else?: Apparently I could be noticing some Braxton Hicks contractions coming soon. I haven't yet. Baby W's skin transparency is changing to pigment. This is also when I start to pack on the pounds, from what I've been reading.
This week in history: Schools are beginning to open from summer break in the US, Rob Blagojevich was convicted on one count and could face up to 5 years in prison.

What's going on this week (with us)?: We had had our German friend and visitor in town, Sascha. We took him to a Cubs game in Wrigleyville on Monday evening and he had his first Chicago dog. Our weekend was wonderful and I already posted plenty of photos on our fun from that. We're headed to PA this weekend and we're really excited to see everyone!


3 comments:

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) said... [Reply to comment]

Cute moose!! I got leg cramps once and I still fear another one!!! It was awful. My poor husband thought I was going into labor I was so frantic!

Erin Farrell Speer said... [Reply to comment]

The moose is awesome. :) And the tiny mittens are awesomer! (That's right... I just wrote awesomer on the blog of a teacher...) :)

Solange, Nik, Caitlin and Oliver said... [Reply to comment]

AAAHHHHHH!!!!! I love the moose!!! And those itty bitty mittens are too darn adorable!
Leg cramps suck! I hope they've gone away! Ouch to the spooning your organs thing.(shudder)
You should have more ice cream, I think he likes it...plus he won't be having any for a long time once he's out so he might as well get the most of it now!
Major kudos for jogging at 23 weeks pregnant! You are a rock star! Hi to Ray!!!! :) And give baby our love too!