Here are some new friends. Left to right (Jessie, Alli, Liz, Kim).
Julie is in the center (I'm sure the belly gave that one away)!
Plain brie cheese wedge, frozen
Panko bread crumbs
Olive oil or an egg to hold the coating
Crushed nuts (I used cashews, though macadamia nuts, peanuts, pistachios... all good options)
1. Prepare breading: crush nuts and mix with panko crumbs-- use mostly bread crumbs. Pour this mixture onto plate or in a sprayed metal pie tin.
2. Coat frozen brie with egg wash or olive oil
3. Cover with as much panko/nut mixture as possible on all sides. Pile more on top when all sides are coated.
4. Line sprayed pie tin with some panko crumbs, place brie in center, and pour a bit more crumbs and nut mixture on top.
5. Bake at 350 degrees until it begins to "puff" and ooze slightly at the end. Place in broiler to brown a bit for a few minutes.
6. While baking, drizzle honey onto a plate and create balsamic reduction (boil 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar on stove, stirring constantly, until it turns into a glaze) and drizzle onto plate.
7. Once brie is ready, place onto plate and add more nuts if desired. Serve with warm bread, crackers, sliced apples, or whatever sounds good!
... this came next: When balloons are left at my house, two things happen: my husband experiments with the density of helium and oxygen (a little geeky) and then becomes silly by trying on his new hat. I love him.