Friday, July 15, 2011

Pink Thursday

My husband wears pink to work on Thursdays. He supports another guy and joins a number of others who unite for breast cancer awareness. One of the men who works with my husband started this in honor of his mother who had breast cancer. This is just another way to show support for fellow colleagues/workers and to add a spark to the work week. It's relational and supportive. And it doesn't hurt anyone.

We had dinner with two friends last night to support a fundraising effort and we were both sporting our pink Thursday attire. I'll admit that mine wasn't intentional, but since we were sporting matching digs, my friend Liz snapped a shot with her phone.

I think I look like my mom in this picture. What do you think, Mom?
And holy hair, husband!

6 comments:

Ben and Katie said... [Reply to comment]

holy hair husband is right...he's glowing! love it!
and you lady...looking beautiful!

Lj82 said... [Reply to comment]

Both, so cute. :)

I love a man who can wear pink.. I mean that literally, Scott looks fantastic in pink, so he wears it.

ha

Solange, Nik, Caitlin and Oliver said... [Reply to comment]

You totally look like your mom there!!! Nice pink shirts :)
Ray's hair is awesome!

Amelia said... [Reply to comment]

What a wonderful friend your husband is.

Brooke said... [Reply to comment]

I also love dudes in pink. David works in a school building full of women and he always gets compliments when I dress him in pink.

Gillian said... [Reply to comment]

You look beautiful! XO

Gillian from Baby Talk without the Babble