Sunday, November 11, 2012

Basement Renovation Blues

The basement reno is taking way too many hours out of our lives. While I love the idea of having it finished and being done with it, we're still about a week away from the floors being put down. Which means, there's a whole week left of little stuff we will be doing to it before we're locked out for a solid week. That said, I actually am excited about the little things like making the chalkboard wall and our sunken-in bookcase and finally getting the bedroom in order so we can have guests who get their own bathroom and new mattress and bed set! But, that won't be happening until well after the floors are in place.

But that part where the floors aren't even down yet and the drop ceiling is still being secured to the drywall and the closet lights are still being secured after 432 trips to Ace Hardware for the proper screws? Yeah. That gives me the woes and I want to complain about it a little and how our family time has been so much less these few years months. Clearly, first world problems. I'm aware, which is why I don't expect anyone to feel sorry for us. So, I thought I'd share some of my pick-me-ups for my little pity-party, compliments of Pinterest, obviously.

Hope you enjoy a few of these. If you're following me on the addiction, you'll surely have seen these. C'est la vie. Also, I have a rule against pinning if they cannot use the proper homophone. But otherwise, punctuation doesn't really bother me all that much.












These last two might be my favorite. Excuse this baby's potty mouth.

downright hilarious.

9 comments:

Brooke said... [Reply to comment]

I LOLed at the peekaboo baby.

Home improvement stuff can be way stressful and annoying. Glad you are finding an escalator via Pinterest.

Renel said... [Reply to comment]

Our garage is just finally finished tiday after 2 weeks... Your doing a much bigger project and everything always takes WAY longer than we initially think. Love those pins... Too funny ... Hope you can have a little more family time while the floors are curing.

Solange, Nik, Caitlin and Oliver said... [Reply to comment]

Those are great :)
Can't wait to see pics of the finished basement!

Melissa said... [Reply to comment]

Renovations always seem to take at least twice as long as you anticipate. And cost a third more than you believe they will/should. I can't wait to see the pictures :)

Brigitte said... [Reply to comment]

I wish I could sleep like a husband :)

Anne said... [Reply to comment]

A MUCH needed laugh today with the baby comment, thank you!!

Alison G. said... [Reply to comment]

I've obviously already read all of these due to MY addiction. But I just peed my pants after laughing uncontrollably...again. The raisin cookie one got me good this time!

Nicole said... [Reply to comment]

Renovations are crazy stressful. True, it may be a first world problem (I hate it when my husband says that yo me...just let me feel sorry for myself. Geeze!), but it's a lot to handle.

I love your pins. Cracking me up! My car has email and bacon and I'd never noticed it before! :D

boo and stacy said... [Reply to comment]

Those are awesome....I needed a laugh