Thursday, November 15, 2012

So Let Me Get This Straight

Now that my son is pseudo-crawling all around the joint (like, right now), I'm going to spend my days chasing him and removing objects I don't want ruined, eaten, or ripped to shreds as he attempts to create some sort of cataclysmic disaster zone?

Like papers and cords (with electricity running through them-- why are they so coveted?) and cell phones and cords. Did I mention cords?

Okay, just checking.

Send Excedrin. And chocolate.

(No, I'm not being literal about the Excedrin or chocolate-- mom and Kay.)

8 comments:

Solange, Nik, Caitlin and Oliver said... [Reply to comment]

So funny. And true. They always go for the stuff they shouldn't. Have fun chasing the B man down. :)

Kristi said... [Reply to comment]

I think this is part of the reason God created nap time.

Melissa said... [Reply to comment]

Oh no!! Chocolate and excedrine stat!! We have so many cords I will be joining your pain in a few months time.

Brigitte said... [Reply to comment]

I feel your pain here! We've already replaced the first HD cord he destroyed. Now he's walking and climbing and it just gets crazier. (I rescued Dora from the toilet bowl yesterday).

Nick & Jenny said... [Reply to comment]
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said... [Reply to comment]

Don't worry, it's a fairly short stage! Try redirecting that crawling energy to tackling the stairs for every diaper change and nap time. Give him an old phone book to shred under supervision? And babies' receptive vocab is bigger than one might think: B can certainly understand gentle, stop, and yucky at this age... even if it seems like you're saying them and redirecting 10,000 times a day :-) What an age!

Tiffany said... [Reply to comment]

the coveted cord, and phone. it amazes me. we spend so much time prying both out of her little tiny hands. lol

Darcey said... [Reply to comment]

Yep and before you know it he will be pulling everything off tables that once used to be out of reach...i.e. brother's full just opened banana smoothie, sister's homework, and Dad's ipad (ouch!!!) Have fun momma :)