Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fondness vs. Sadness

I spent my day in kindergarten knowing full well that there was a little boy named Andrew in that class. He's quite fair skinned (just like our Andrew), too. I knew that I'd be asking him to complete things, etc. That meant I actually had to speak my son's name and hear it come out of my mouth. That's the downfall of selecting a common boy name.

So... I spent the morning saying the name Andrew out loud and having that Andrew react, hear, look, and respond.

= sadness.

In the afternoon class, there's a happy little girl who saw me and immediately said, "Hey, I saw you before. You used to have a fat belly."

Those were such hopeful times and I loved having my fat baby Andrew belly.

= fondness.

I can't wait to experience that same fondness again.

2 comments:

Lj82 said... [Reply to comment]

I have faith you'll have a fat baby belly again soon. :)

boo and stacy said... [Reply to comment]

I'll second that!!