Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hi. We're the Wilsons and We're FUN.

This is just a post of fun.We have fun. We are capable and willing to enjoy life. We must move forward. {a little mantra I must tell myself on bad days}

Last month I got together with some girlfriends for wine tasting at a local wine shop. I had been there before with my sister-in-law and mother-in-law and it was a lot of fun going back.

Standing with my friend Liz and random butler statue.
With Kristi...
In the back of Liz's car leaving the wine bar. I was basically butt-to-the-window and we were all completely illegal... for a whole... 2 blocks. Then Alli (next to me) and I got out of the car. She went into her house, I hopped in my car.
We bought a groupon (seriously, who isn't grouponing? It's amazzzzing!) for a local ski hill and decided to check it out. What you're looking at is the entire ski hill area. That's 2 "runs", one "bunny", and an expert/trick run. Despite it being super chill, I still managed to fall. Twice. I was able to make it up the hill about 12 times before my arms no longer could function.
The tow rope. There's no J bar, so it's more like a hold-on-for-dear-life rope all the way to the top. That was by far the most challenging thing about the day.

That's one good looking husband right there.
The ski hill sign. It's exactly 2.4 miles from our front door. No joke.
After we were exhausted from holding that tow rope and basically gave up trying, we headed to Costco for a sweet sled and then found ourselves a sled hill in our town as well... about 1 mile farther than the ski hill. It had a more intense slope as well! Let's just say we wouldn't let a child under the age of 10 down this hill... it was that intense!
Here's Ray about to descend on the hill of death. For a trained eye, you might be able to make out the inappropriateness that is written on the frozen lake in the top right background of this photo. Classy folks, I tell ya.
That's Ray in the center. It may not look scary, but we both admit it was pretty terrifying!
So there you have it. Proof we are actually out enjoying life. I can only see the excitement growing from here.

One more groupon plug before ending. If you aren't, you really should. Here is a breakdown of deals we've scored on groupon in the last few months alone. I'm sure there are more, but I can't remember them all:
  • $10 for $20 worth of Geno's East Pizza
  • $15 for $35 worth of Mexican food at a local joint
  • $55 for 30 minutes of Whirlyball (that's half off! We paid full price in the summer before grouponing)
  • $15 for $30 of food at Stir Crazy Mongolian BBQ
  • $10 for $20 of merchandise at Soap.com (same as diapers.com = awesome website!)
  • $25 for $50 at Nordstrom Rack
  • $20 for $40 at The Body Shop
  • $25 for $50 at The Gap (best one yet because we could use it on sale items!)
  • $3 for hot dog, fries, and drink at a Chicago hot dog place (obviously my husband took part, not me)
  • $30 for Bon Jovi/Kid Rock tickets at Soldier Field (we bought two and saw them last summer!)
  • $20 for lift tickets (haha. or tow rope tickets) + ski rentals at Four Lakes 
So seriously people, if you aren't grouponing... you're missing out!

2 comments:

Katie Truelove said... [Reply to comment]

Sounds like the wine-tasting was a blast, though I really don't think it appropriate for you to be falling all over that gentleman in the first picture!;) Also, I have not seen any groupons for geno's pizza around here...very upsetting!

boo and stacy said... [Reply to comment]

Love seeing your beautiful smile!! Groupon huh? Mt sister is all about the Groupon. And that Geno's East Pizza sounds really good right now.