Last month I got together with some girlfriends for wine tasting at a local wine shop. I had been there before with my sister-in-law and mother-in-law and it was a lot of fun going back.
Standing with my friend Liz and random butler statue.
groupon (seriously, who isn't grouponing? It's amazzzzing!) for a local ski hill and decided to check it out. What you're looking at is the entire ski hill area. That's 2 "runs", one "bunny", and an expert/trick run. Despite it being super chill, I still managed to fall. Twice. I was able to make it up the hill about 12 times before my arms no longer could function.
That's one good looking husband right there.
The ski hill sign. It's exactly 2.4 miles from our front door. No joke.
That's Ray in the center. It may not look scary, but we both admit it was pretty terrifying!
One more groupon plug before ending. If you aren't, you really should. Here is a breakdown of deals we've scored on groupon in the last few months alone. I'm sure there are more, but I can't remember them all:
- $10 for $20 worth of Geno's East Pizza
- $15 for $35 worth of Mexican food at a local joint
- $55 for 30 minutes of Whirlyball (that's half off! We paid full price in the summer before grouponing)
- $15 for $30 of food at Stir Crazy Mongolian BBQ
- $10 for $20 of merchandise at Soap.com (same as diapers.com = awesome website!)
- $25 for $50 at Nordstrom Rack
- $20 for $40 at The Body Shop
- $25 for $50 at The Gap (best one yet because we could use it on sale items!)
- $3 for hot dog, fries, and drink at a Chicago hot dog place (obviously my husband took part, not me)
- $30 for Bon Jovi/Kid Rock tickets at Soldier Field (we bought two and saw them last summer!)
- $20 for lift tickets (haha. or tow rope tickets) + ski rentals at Four Lakes