Thursday, February 3, 2011

On the Email Offense

In my inbox today: "You and Your Baby -- Month 2" from Gerber. How nice of them.

Here's what I do to get rid of them (instead of sending them to the junk mail or deleting them... they're likely to return):

1. Open the email.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of it.
3. Click unsubscribe.
4. When they ask for an explanation and provide a comments section, write something like this: "Because I don't have a 2-month old child. My child died. I find these emails hurtful and offensive. Please take me off your list immediately."

There. That should do the trick. They never thought about that, did they? What if the baby doesn't make it and moms and dads are left with their painful emails?

I never even subscribed to their emails... but lucky for all us BLMs, they managed to buy our information from someone else in the baby industry.

As for the rest of my day (since I just had breakfast and read emails), I'm going to shovel my way out of our front door which is covered in 2 feet of snow. Our entire front yard is level with 2 feet of snow and you can't even tell we have a front porch! I'm wearing my snow gear because I just checked the temps and it's -11 outside (not including wind chill!). After I plan to Zumba, do some laundry/clean, and watch the Bachelor from Monday night. Sounds like a good day to me! :)

3 comments:

Solange, Nik, Caitlin and Oliver said... [Reply to comment]

Crap. I totally forgot about those emails. I think what you wrote should do the trick!
Stay warm today :) The Bachelor was pretty good-I can't believe his picks.....

Cassandra said... [Reply to comment]

Wow! Hopefully that will make them unsubscribe you, even though you never subscribed! Have fun in the snow! And enjoy the batchelor! It was a funny one!

Katie Truelove said... [Reply to comment]

Apparently the places you registered may be the ones who gave your info...it might be worth a try to call those stores...

Beautiful photos...well, the last one is more humorous than beautiful but...;)